Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My virtualbox is making my bluetooth connection disconnect.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jordanlg30

jordanlg30

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 04 May 2018 - 08:51 PM

I am using an iMac with El Capatan version 10.10, I think. And I have the latest version of Vitrtualbox installed. Now everytime I start it up, the bluetooth on my mouse and keyboard disconnect all the time. Now it shouldn't be doing this. Is virtualbox buggy or something? Like I have a bluetooth keyboard and mouse, and the second I start up Virtulbox, my bluetooth disconnects me, and my mouse stops working, and my keyboards disconnects. And I can't click anywhere on my screen or type. And I have to power off my computer all of the time with power button. So what is going on here? Is virtualbox buggy or something? I am running the latest version which is 5.2.10or something like that. So please let me know on how to fix this issue that I am having. And this has never happened to me before when I have been using Virtualbox. Now all of a sudden this is happening. So please let me know on how to fix this issue that I am having. Because I would like to start using this without any issues or problems. And also let me know on how to make sure that my bluetooth doesn't disconnect my computer either. So just let me know on how to fix this. So thank you very much!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RecursiveNerd

RecursiveNerd

• Malware Study Hall Junior
  • 238 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2018 - 12:45 PM

Are you sure it's an issue with VirtualBox disconnecting your Bluetooth, or that VirtualBox is capturing your mouse and keyboard for the VM and you need to get your mouse and keyboard back for the host (MacOS) machine?

When you start up virtualbox and launch your VM, if you hit the 'Right CTRL' key on your keyboard, do you get your mouse and keyboard back?

Try to see if this StackExchange article helps you.

#3 jordanlg30

jordanlg30
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 12 May 2018 - 06:26 PM

I have a PS Vita game console. And I connect the usb cable to Virtualbox, and it doesn't detect that it is connected. It says failed to connect on the screen. And I also deleted the Usb filter. So virtualbox is not disconnecting my bluetooth. But now my Playstation vita cable won't detect Virtualbox. It said failed to connect to windows 7. So why is this not working for? I also already installed the extension pack for my Virtualbox, but it doesn't seem to do anything for it. Because the usb cable won't connect to the virtualbox. So what is going on here? Can you help me out? Because I need this to connect to my Virtualbox. And I need to fix this problem that I am having. So thank you very much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users