Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Software trial expired / Help extending it

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 gatornaz

gatornaz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 04 May 2018 - 07:39 AM

I downloaded some software with a 30 day free trial.  The trial period is over but I need it for about another week.  The software is $3,000 so I don't want to buy it (again) at this point.  Is their any way I can uninstall the software, maybe delete some some sort of register files or something so the software will think this is a fresh computer.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Naz

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,504 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 04 May 2018 - 07:55 AM

I don't understand the concept of not wanting to "buy it (again)", if it is a trial.

Be that as it may, if the trial period built into software is over, then taking measures to circumvent that would fall into the category of defeating the software developer's security, and under the forum rules, we don't allow discussion of those types of activities.

It seems plain however that if you were to install the trial software onto another computer, such as one belonging to a friend, the software will indeed think "this is a fresh computer", and you and your friend or relative can both enjoy a free trial of the software.

Since discussion of the subject matter moves outside of forum rules, I will close this topic.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forum-rules/

Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users