Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Looks To Buy Youtube

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 07 October 2006 - 11:04 AM

Google Looks To Buy Youtube (sorry couldn't edit title)

The Googster is looking at purchasing the video showplace Youtube for 1.6 Billion dollars. 100 Million videos are viewed per day. YT is already on the precarious ledge of legallity with copyrights. YT removes any content when asked. Google would not be allowed to have such content. Owner ship by Google would expose them to a possible sea of litigation. Or they can restrict uploading of all copyrighted material ( they have this capability). Do you feel these restrictions would ruin Youtubes popularity or will it be better to combine both libraries.

Edited by boopme, 07 October 2006 - 11:05 AM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 07 October 2006 - 11:59 AM

Sorry couldn't edit title

Done! :thumbsup:
I just hope if google do take over, they make it as good as all their other products.

Edited by D-Trojanator, 07 October 2006 - 11:59 AM.

#3 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 PM

Posted 09 October 2006 - 07:48 AM

Oh, this explains the hike in the price of salt. :thumbsup:
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#4 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:49 PM

Posted 09 October 2006 - 05:35 PM

SOLD!!

Google Acquires YouTube

Just look at that pricetag....... wow....

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Topic Starter

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 09 October 2006 - 07:13 PM

The deal was structured as an all-stock transaction to make it tax-free for YouTube shareholders and also cheaper for Google than paying out of its roughly $10 billion in cash horde.

At least they didn't call it GooTube :thumbsup:

YouTube Inc. struck deals with CBS and two major music labels Monday as the popular video-sharing Web site races to befriend content providers and avoid copyright-infringement lawsuits.

http://www.topix.net/content/ap/0065762151...797871602336389
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users