Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Accessibility Features for Microsoft Windows 10 and Office 365

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,568 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:26 PM

Accessibility Features ~ Microsoft

Linkhttps://sway.com/vAdiAMXOJEQGVbqX

Take a peep in the link above to find  a comprehensive list of Microsoft accessibility features for Windows 10 and Office 365. There are options for everyone, and features I wasn’t aware of.

To add via a few words from the "Sway" article introduction:

<-Snip> 

At Microsoft, our Mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. With more than 1 billion people in the world with disabilities, there is no limit to what people can achieve when technology reflects the diversity of all those who use it. <End snip-> (Continue reading in link above)

I’m excited that I found the Read Aloud feature! I typically do not use the Edge browser, however I had to try this feature out. So, I opened BleepingComputer, clicked on the home page, security news and then the article about Twitter by Catalin Cimpanu, I’m listening to “Microsoft Zira” voice as I type! The text is highlighted in yellow as well as listening to the voice option. Give it a try.

If you find a feature really awesome, please share!

ConfirmLinkhttps://sway.com/vAdiAMXOJEQGVbqX

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,164 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 PM

Posted 04 May 2018 - 09:24 AM

Thanks for this.  I passed along this link on a Windows 10 for Screen Reader Users group I participate in, as I'd not seen this information before.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#3 softeyes

softeyes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,568 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 04 May 2018 - 11:22 PM

@britechguy ~ May 17th is Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD), you might want to share with your 'Windows 10 for Screen Reader Users group' that there is a short film by Microsoft (on 5/17/2018) which will address how one can build a more inclusive environment, and to empower people to reimagine accessibility. Registration is required to see the film, see below.

The link to register and for more information: https://resources.office.com/ww-landing-M365E-Global-Accessibility-Awareness-Day-preregistration.html?LCID=en

Additional information (link) about the same topic: https://educationblog.microsoft.com/2018/05/reimagining-accessibility-creating-inclusive-classrooms/

(Note: When I registered, I was allowed to have myself as the company with one employee and my position other, no problem)

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,164 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 PM

Posted 05 May 2018 - 09:47 AM

Thanks again.  I've passed this along as well.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users