Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Hardware Diagnostics Windows not load, blank when open. pic

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ThankYouSir

ThankYouSir

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:44 PM

Hello, please forgive English is not my first language.

My Windows 10 desktop doesn't come with the HP Hardware Diagnostics so I download it right at HP website itself (it said if your computer not have it, download it here, and it a download link of at direct HP website).

So I installed it, it all and always run as Administrator. Installed seem successful (no show error during instal process or anything). But it not showing, this is what I keep see when I open it (and I been seeing this screen for HOURS). It seem like it trying to load but somehow unsuccessful.

Yes, I have tried uninstall it and install it again, and it still show this. Uninstal and instal again won't help, as I have tried it.
I don't know why it let me instal it sucessfully, but it just won't load.

Please help me fix it, screenshot below. As you see, it NOT showing anything.

Thank you so much Sir.

Hardware_Diagnostics_Notshow.png

Edited by ThankYouSir, 03 May 2018 - 06:58 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,439 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 AM

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:06 PM

On a HP computer you should be able to access Hardware Diagnostics by tapping Esc at boot. What is the model number of the HP?

Is this the program you downloaded?

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/pc-diags.html

Edited by JohnC_21, 03 May 2018 - 07:08 PM.

#3 ThankYouSir

ThankYouSir
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:16 PM

Yes Sir! I download it straight directly from there, where it said HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows.

I don't even know what the model number of the HP I have (how to find it?), since this is a Refurbished computer, not a brand new.. I don't know what the model number, I just know it an HP brand computer. It runs Windows 10, but perhaps the place that sale it upgraded it to Windows 10?

Should I try to run this Hardware Diagnostics under different compatibility? Like run it compatibility in Windows 8 or Windows 7 instead?

Edited by ThankYouSir, 03 May 2018 - 07:21 PM.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,439 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:21 PM

It's possible this computer although it is running Windows 10 is not UEFI. There should be a serial number on the back of the computer. Do you have that?

Have you tried tapping the Esc key when booting the computer?

Edit: Your image shows Hardware Diagnostics v1.5. The UEFI diagnostics program is V 6.6.2.0. Your computer, if UEFI, should have V6.6.2.0 not V1.5.

Edited by JohnC_21, 03 May 2018 - 07:24 PM.

#5 ThankYouSir

ThankYouSir
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:28 PM

I didn't download the one that said HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI (UEFI is the ver. 6.6 you said).

But I didn't download that, I download the one below that just solely say HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows (that the ver 1.5). Is that one okay?

I look at the system information and it said: HP Compag Pro 6305 SFF.

Is that the model?

Should I try to run it compatibility in Windows 7? ETA: And I have tried this just right now and it still not work, still show it loading and loading.. (like the screenshoot in my OP).

I have not try tap the Esc key when booting yet, I don't know much about computer and I'm scare what if I can't get out of that BIOS screen and my computer won't boot or something.

So I tried that HP PC Hardware Diagnostics download from HP website. But as you see it from my OP screenshot, it just won't load for some reason. Sigh..

Edited by ThankYouSir, 03 May 2018 - 07:41 PM.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,439 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:39 PM

I went to your HP support site and the Diagnostic you should have downloaded is the UEFI version. You installed the wrong version so uninstall and install the correct version. It is not necessary to use compatibility mode.

Tapping Esc at boot will not hurt the computer. I have done it many times. 

#7 ThankYouSir

ThankYouSir
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:21 PM

Thank you Sir JohnC_21. Yah! I followed the install instruction and got it installed. But I was only able to access the Hardware Diagnostic UEFI ONLY when during boot where I press Esc and then F2. I did run a fast test and it all passed. I will run a extensive test later.

So my question is, the only way I can access this Hardware Diagnostic UEFI is only during boot and press Esc right? If I'm on the computer right now there no way I can open the UEFI and just scan it while on the computer like right now right?

And there no uninstalation (I couldn't find it under remove programs) so once I instal this UEFI, I can't UNINSTAL it? It there forever?

And during install process it ask me to make room for some partition, and now I have an extra drive that said HP_Tools for the partition of UEFI, this is normal right?

aaaaa I'm so all new to these stuff. I don't know much about computer, all these stuff make me overwhelmed.

Edited by ThankYouSir, 03 May 2018 - 08:29 PM.

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,439 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:26 PM

Your Welcome, and thanks for the update.

I am not 100% but I believe you can only run the Diagnostics by tapping Esc because the program added the Diagnostics partition called HP_Tools. You may be able to start it from your Programs Menu but I have never done this on a HP. 

And your English is fine. At least you can speak two languages where I only speak one.

#9 ThankYouSir

ThankYouSir
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:31 PM

I don't see anything UEFI under programs menu or programs uninstal. So once this instal in my system it can't be uninstal?

What if I want to uninstal UEFI and go back to my original BIOS, can I do it? It is like this UEFI change my whole BIOS system to their UEFI instead? I'm so confuseee.

What happen to my orginal BIOS, it gone? since I instal this UEFI?

Edited by ThankYouSir, 03 May 2018 - 08:37 PM.

#10 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,439 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:37 PM

You cannot go back to the original firmware because the firmware was not changed. You only added a partition to the hard drive and installed the diagnostic tools to it. This did not affect the firmware. In order to do that you would have to flash new firmware and once that is done there is no going back. You could delete the partition that HP created for the tools but because everything is running okay after the install I would leave it alone. I don't think it takes up much space and you can do the diagnostics in case Windows does not boot. It would give you an idea if the problem was because of hardware. If Windows did not boot and your diagnostics showed all your hardware to be okay you would know it's probably a Windows problem and not hardware.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users