Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor keeps going black

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jonah_TO

Jonah_TO

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 03 May 2018 - 04:50 PM

I am running Windows 10. I use two monitors, the primary one being an HP 2509b and the second one is an LG. Suddenly my primary monitor keeps going black. The secondary one is always fine. All I have to do is turn it (the monitor) off and then on again and it comes back. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to when or why it is happening. Sometimes it works fine for ages before it goes black, and sometimes it happens over and over in a short period of time. Can't think of anything new or interesting has happened to the computer. It does seem I have some sort of new malware or something. Windows Defender identified a threat which it quarantined which looks suspicious. The details look like this:

HackTool:MSIL/Gendows

Alert level: High

Date: 5/3/2018

Recommended action: Remove threat now

Category:Tool

Details: This program has potentially unwanted behavior.

Affected items:

taskscheduler: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Tasks\AutoKMS

file: C:\Windows\AutoKMS\AutoKMS.exe

file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Tasks\AutoKMS

regkey: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tasks\{7B40A0C2-8946-4EAB-908D-3BF01FE3FF67}

regkey: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree\AutoKMS

Thanks! Any help is greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users