Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

White Text trailing o monitor while mouse scrolling.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 i8mygoldfish

i8mygoldfish

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 03 May 2018 - 12:53 PM

Running windows 7, Not sure what other information might be needed.

I've attached a video as it helps to show the issue better then I could explain it.

But the problem that I just started to notice today on multiple sites, Both Chrome and Firefox tested is a white scrolling of letters that follows text It's almost like lag but not something I've ever seen.

In the youtube video attached it's most noticeable on the Black Los Angeles Dodgers. It's that whitish yellow text that appears slightly above the intended text when scrolling.

The monitor is an older Planar PX 2710MW.

It is the first warmer day so maybe the heat is affecting it.

Has anyone seen this? I fear the monitor is dying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8YJW4z2oAg

Thanks In advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 790 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 03 May 2018 - 01:07 PM

it is an 8yr old monitor.....

monitor back then had poor refresh rates and you probably didn't notice it back in the day.

now with comparison with all the new tv's and monitors you can't help but noticing the lag in picture from the slower refresh abilities.

buy a new monitor it will solve your problems.

you might try bumping up to a setting that has a 76hz refresh rate and see if it makes a difference.

Edited by mightywiz, 03 May 2018 - 01:08 PM.

#3 i8mygoldfish

i8mygoldfish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 03 May 2018 - 01:17 PM

Been using the monitor for 8 years then...It was drastically noticeable today. I'll try the 76hz setting though. Thanks!

#4 kyd462

kyd462

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 22 June 2018 - 10:33 AM

I wound up here because I had the same problem with a brand new monitor. HP VH24Oa, released in 2017. Just bought it a month ago. My issue was resolved by going to Image Control in the OSD and changing the Response Time back to default. I don't know what this setting actually does, but it has no effect on refresh rate. This setting might not be on your monitor, but maybe it helps you pinpoint the issue a little better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users