Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Just had a PC Tech. do a FULL install of Win10, NOW I CAN'T USE MY TOUCHSCREEN??

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 HeatherJay8378

HeatherJay8378

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:19 AM

Any Ideas???? The Human Interface Driver is not even showing up under Device Mgr....Can anyone help me? I feel like I just payed $150.00 to get rid of one of the best features of my laptop. Did he maybe install a DESKTOP Version instead of Touchscreen Laptop Version????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,535 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:48 AM

Did he maybe install a DESKTOP Version instead of Touchscreen Laptop Version????

no such thing....

what is the make and model of the computer

#3 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:43 AM

What version of Windows 10 did he install, i.e. 1709 or 1803? There are a lot of complaints about the touchscreen not working in 1803.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:54 AM

Was the Windows 10 install an upgrade from another OS like Windows 8.1?

Edited by JohnC_21, 03 May 2018 - 08:58 AM.

#5 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 874 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 AM

Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:56 AM

if you paid for a repair and it's not functioning then return it and make him fix it.  but it sounds like he didn't install the touchscreen drivers.

look in the device manager and see if anything has a yellow exclamation point on it.  those are devices the drivers didn't get installed.

#6 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,356 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 03 May 2018 - 10:31 AM

One can always initially try going into Device Manager and hitting the button noted in the screenshot below:

devicemanager.jpg

as the first thing to try to see if it solves the issue.  It's difficult to know what version of Win10 is involved without having run the winver command since we're right at the cusp of a new version and we don't know when this work was done.

It would also be most helpful if you were to publish a Speccy system snapshot and provide the web address for it in your next reply.  Here are downloadable step-by-step instructions for doing this:

- Using Speccy,  PDF Format 
                     - Using Speccy,  MS-Word Format

Edited by britechguy, 03 May 2018 - 10:41 AM.
Added Speccy information

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Presenting the willfully ignorant with facts is the very definition of casting pearls before swine.

~ Brian Vogel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users