Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Archer C5 no longer will let me connect through web interface.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 digitalmatter

digitalmatter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 02 May 2018 - 03:32 PM

To sum up a previous thing.  Installed an Archer C5 as a secondary router. Turned off DHCP, assigned it a static IP, connected it through LAN and not WAN.  Wifi works great now after removing a bad Cat5e socket that was feeding into it. I have directly ran into a switch now.

When I first installed the router, the web interface would connect and go down immediately. Thats when I noticed all the dropped packets and latency through the wireless connection.  After replacing a bad Cat5e socket the wifi works perfect with no latency or packet loss.

However I cannot connect to the web interface at all with the router's IP address.  I checked the main Arris modem/router device and the C5 is being read as the correct IP address. Wifi still works off the device, any devices behind the router can access every available network resource and I can also reach any device connected through wifi going reverse.

Still cant access the web interface.

TP Link support is useless at this point.   Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 null__

null__

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 02 May 2018 - 04:26 PM

Did you set a static IP in the C5? Go to Advanced->Network->LAN and change the IP Address to 192.168.0.2 (something other than 0.1) I would also advise that you set an address reserve using the MAC of the C5 in the main router. This will allow you to access the web interface of the C5 as long as you have connectivity.

#3 digitalmatter

digitalmatter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2018 - 05:52 PM

Static was set on the C5. Arris modem doesn't have address reservation. I assigned the static way beyond what DHCP on the modem would give out. I have connectivity but cannot access the web interface with the IP.

#4 digitalmatter

digitalmatter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:41 AM

Curious on something that I frankly don't know the answer to off hand.

*edit*   Cannot access the interface either wireless or through ethernet.  Updated firmware, hardware version 2.0

Edited by digitalmatter, 03 May 2018 - 08:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users