Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

problem playing xvid movies

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 m3619938

m3619938

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 02 May 2018 - 11:09 AM

Hi,

I am having a problem attempting to play 'xvid' files (movies) on all of my current media players, which are DIVX, Windows media player, and a recent one i downloaded called VLC media player. The files will not play on any of these media players.

Can someone please let me know the steps, or advice as how to play these files ? whether that be changing the media player settings, or just learning about Xvid files and why they won't play.

Thank you.

Edited by hamluis, 09 June 2018 - 08:38 PM.
Moved from Programming to Audio/Video - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,024 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 02 May 2018 - 12:06 PM

I don't play xvid but see if installing the xvid codec lets you play them.

https://www.xvid.com/download/

#3 m3619938

m3619938
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2018 - 05:58 AM

I tried installing that codec a few times, after installing it didn't work. I found a media player called potplayer and it seems to be working for some of them. I will see if its works for xvid. Thanks for your comment .

#4 nickos

nickos

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 AM

Posted 09 May 2018 - 03:17 AM

good morning my friends,

you can delete any previous codec pack you may have, delete any remaining folders and sub folders, delete also any remaining registry keys and install the x codec pack

http://www.xpcodecpack.com

normally, you will be able to watch your movies and listen to your music

#5 m3619938

m3619938
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2018 - 08:35 AM

hi Nickos,

I looked at my programs to uninstall any codec pack, there was none to uninstall. Where would I find the registry keys to delete?

I have installed the x codec pack, though I still am unable to watch any movies that have the following BrRip x264 and Xvid files?

I am able to watch movies that have : Xvid.AC3. 

Thank you, 

Hopefully will be able to sort this problem out. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users