Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which of these laptops has the best specs?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jessbelow

jessbelow

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 01 May 2018 - 09:25 PM

I'm trying to trade my laptop on our pawnshop because the one I bought has a bad display, dark and foggy. I'm bad with computers spec and I'm not sure which is the best. I search their model number and this is the laptops they are  selling:
Hewlett Packard 13-4101dx they selling for $549 - https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04746336
This is my current laptop I bought from them last week for $540: http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/8563012

Which laptop should I get? I need one for daily use and little gaming. Also, I can't return my laptop for cash I can only trade it for another device.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,787 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 01 May 2018 - 10:05 PM

Why would you go back for more shoddy goods ?....

Personally I would cut my losses and go buy something new. Save up if you have to.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,239 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 01 May 2018 - 11:01 PM

The OP almost certainly should have picked up on the display issue before even leaving the pawnshop.

The fact that they're even allowing an exchange indicates to me that they don't want to be known for selling shoddy goods, and a great many do not.  Since it sounds like the OP loses everything if they don't do an exchange it seems to me that an exchange makes sense if sufficient care is taken in evaluating the machine before it leaves the premises.

The HP 15-g035wm I have (now as my secondary machine) came from eBay from a pawnshop and is still running like a champ.  Caveat emptor.

Brian AKA Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

In a modern society where everyone thinks their opinion deserves to be heard nothing annoys me more than individuals who mistake their personal preferences for fact.

~ Commenter TheCruyffGurn on the The Guardian website, 8/13/2014

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,324 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 PM

Posted 03 May 2018 - 03:10 PM

I'd say the Dell is better by a hair.  They are pretty evenly matched machines.

#5 Misterbroon333

Misterbroon333

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 06 May 2018 - 10:07 AM

I worked for the French Oil Company Total and BP and their Tech section would buy nothing but Dell. I have a Dell Inspiron 6430 and can't fault it. I have had HP's that failed BSOD etc

#6 ethanscott

ethanscott

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:25 AM

I'm trying to trade my laptop on our pawnshop because the one I bought has a bad display, dark and foggy. I'm bad with computers spec and I'm not sure which is the best. I search their model number and this is the laptops they are  selling:
Hewlett Packard 13-4101dx they selling for $549 - https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04746336
This is my current laptop I bought from them last week for $540: http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/8563012

Which laptop should I get? I need one for daily use and little gaming. Also, I can't return my laptop for cash I can only trade it for another device.

Neither of these are that great to be honest. Maybe you can save up a little more are choose something with much much better specs than these. I see that you are not going to use it extensively or so, but I would still say reliability will be an issue with these laptops.

A friend of mine had the Dell Inspiron and he kept complaining about the build quality. Now I am not exactly sure what he meant by that.

#7 Misterbroon333

Misterbroon333

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 14 May 2018 - 05:43 AM

Depends on your budget, usually the more you spend the better it is, for the most part. Also size has a large input. Personally I'd go for 15"+ but if you're carrying it around, it's more bulk and weight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users