Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is there a Windows 7 iso download file?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 mystic12

mystic12

• Members
  • 1,563 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 01 May 2018 - 03:09 PM

Hey guys, I have win7 software boot disk and legit license but need only the iso file, is there a free download of the iso file anywhere please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,007 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2018 - 04:06 PM

Windows 7 ISOs (all versions) with SHA hashes for verification, on someone's private Google Drive.

Read the Details.txt file in the respective version folders.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 01 May 2018 - 04:47 PM

You can also download directly from Microsoft with your product key: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7

#4 joseibarra

joseibarra

• Members
  • 1,260 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2018 - 05:53 PM

Microsoft only allow Windows 7 ISO downloading for Retail and System Builder product keys.

If your system came with Windows preinstalled (Dell, HP, etc.) that make it an OEM system and you will not be downloading any ISOs from Microsoft with your OEM product key.

Edited by joseibarra, 02 May 2018 - 01:01 AM.

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates.

#5 mystic12

mystic12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,563 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2018 - 02:03 PM

Sorry for the late response guys, appreciate the help.

Yes, no downloading pre-installed keys.

Britechguy, something seems off with those iso files in your link, I tried creating bootable sub from them with both Rufus and Imgburn but something is wrong with those files?

#6 britechguy

britechguy

• 9,007 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2018 - 03:01 PM

Did you extract the ISO from the RAR file first?

https://www.howtogeek.com/73904/beginner-how-to-extract-.rar-files-on-windows-7-and-mac-os-x/

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#7 mystic12

mystic12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,563 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2018 - 03:05 PM

Yes, no boot file is showing in the extracted folder. Matter of fact some strange stuff here with this file. I extracted it and it showed a regular folder when I double click on that folder it shows a zipped folder, when I double click on that it shows back the winrar file.

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,437 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2018 - 05:03 PM

I downloaded the 64bit Pro iso and was able to boot the DVD and a USB flash drive created with Rufus. I had to burn at 4x using Imgburn before the DVD booted successfully.

#9 mystic12

mystic12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,563 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:30 AM

Thx. I went a different route, I used the instructions I found here:

https://www.guidingtech.com/2703/extract-mount-burn-iso-files/

to to create an iso from my win7 disk, to be sure.

#10 benclark06

benclark06

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 16 September 2018 - 10:18 AM

britechguy, are those links you provided legal (just making sure i wont get in hot water if i download them)?

#11 britechguy

britechguy

• 9,007 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2018 - 03:33 PM

So far as I know there is no such thing as an illegal ISO if it was downloaded from Microsoft.  Anyone is allowed to have and keep the installation media for Windows.  The individual who archived them says they came from Microsoft's servers, and I have little reason to doubt that.

What makes legal or not is whether something would be "cracked" which means it would automatically `license itself` even though the end user did not have a legitimate license key.  Bleeping Computer strictly forbids the discussion of sources of cracked software or the encouraging of its use in any way, shape, or form.

The one ISO I used from that collection a while back appeared to be stock Microsoft and I was prompted to enter a license key for Windows 7.  It's been so long now since I did a Windows 7 install I cannot recall if you can even continue without a key and have a 30-day demo mode, during which there would be some mechanism for entering the license key once you had one.

Edited by britechguy, 16 September 2018 - 03:34 PM.

#12 dmccoy

dmccoy

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,028 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 21 September 2018 - 03:36 PM

Here is a tool I use for Windows downloads

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/microsoft_windows_iso_download_tool.html

Edited by dmccoyks, 21 September 2018 - 03:37 PM.

We are all volunteers so please by kind, courteous and respectful of all staff and members

I try to respond in 24-48 hours normally and I am more active on weekdays than weekends. However, sometimes due to my health, family or life it may take me a little longer. If you have not heard from me within 72 hours then please PM me a reminder. 

BC BSOD Posting Instructions 

#13 amklser

amklser

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 26 September 2018 - 03:10 AM

You'd better download it from Microsoft .

25 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 25 guests, 0 anonymous users