Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acer V3 Laptop Keyboard not working properly after small water spill? Help!!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mrduckbear

mrduckbear

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 30 April 2018 - 12:21 PM

Hi, I got a problem with my acer V3-772G Laptop.

Yesterday, A bit of water was spilled onto the keyboard area and i didn't think it was a big deal and tried to clean it off. but then i noticed that when i pressed some keys, it would type 2 letters at once. like if i typed b it would type bv.

i did something stupid and turned it off and used a damp towel to clean the keyboard..

when i turned it back on, now it seems to be stuck on the "/" key...so everytime i open a browser it would just be stuck on that key and i can't do anything else..i can't even press control/alt/delete to shut off the computer and have to force turn it off. 

is the keyboard dead? should i leave it out for a couple of days to see if it'll work again? the laptop itself is fine..i mean the laptop turns on..it's just stuck on that one key and can't use the keyboard. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,014 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 30 April 2018 - 04:17 PM

Let it dry for a couple of days.  There is nothing wrong with wiping down a keyboard with a damp towel.  The problem is from the spill which was enough to make its way under the keys and to the contacts.

Put the thing in as warm a spot as you can think of that's not "inside the car on a summer's day" hot (or even that hot, but if so, for no more than an hour) and let it sit a day or two.

In all probability everything will be back to normal.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#3 mrduckbear

mrduckbear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 30 April 2018 - 09:07 PM

Let it dry for a couple of days.  There is nothing wrong with wiping down a keyboard with a damp towel.  The problem is from the spill which was enough to make its way under the keys and to the contacts.

Put the thing in as warm a spot as you can think of that's not "inside the car on a summer's day" hot (or even that hot, but if so, for no more than an hour) and let it sit a day or two.

In all probability everything will be back to normal.

thanks, i'll give it a couple of days to dry off...hopefully nothing is damaged and it will be back to normal :( people said that you should take it apart to let it dry but i don't know how to do that so i was just gonna let it sit there...i hope that's okay too. it's just that, before i used the damp towel, all the problems was the keys typing double letters..and i think the damp towel made it worse by spreading the water down below possibly...it wasn't a whole lot of water either so i was surprised this happened..

Edited by mrduckbear, 30 April 2018 - 09:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users