Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to use App Passwords on K9 Mail & Thunderbird

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64

• Members
  • 985 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 29 April 2018 - 07:21 PM

Hi I want to use two step verification for my Gmail/Google account but I heard if you use this with K9 Mail and Thunderbird you need to use App Passwords I've never done thins before and I have read this before https://support.google.com/mail/answer/185833?rd=1&visit_id=1-636392160493875275-2904245789 but I have both a Linux desktop and Linux laptop (Thunderbird) along with a Android smartphone (K9 Mail). Would I be able to use App Passwords on all of my devices?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 985 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 05 May 2018 - 06:20 PM

I figured it out. For K9 Mail you simply chose app passwords underneath the Two Step Verification under Google security form there chose email for app then for device select other (customized name) chose a name then select generate from there enter the 16 digit password for both fetching and sending email and you should be good to go, and for Thunderbird its fully compatible with two step verification no need for app passwords. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users