Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No hard drive?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 7lady7

7lady7

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 PM

Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:52 PM

HP Pavilion 500-314 Windows 10

Computer starts up goes to the sign-in screen

After password is put in it begins to load

Below is what screen that comes up next:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.015063]

2017 Microsoft Windows Corporation. AI Rights Reserved

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

----------------------------------------------------------------------

While that screen is up I can hit Ctrl+Alt+Delet and Task Manager will come up and only shows:

Processes the CPU & Memory

Shows no disk or network

My question is, this is basically saying there is no hard drive or its not reading the hard drive,right?

Therefore above it is indication there is one C:\WINDOWS\system32

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,860 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 29 April 2018 - 04:11 PM

I can't say definitively what's occurring here, but I can say definitively that your version of Windows 10, Version 1703, is now already one version behind and will, within a few days, be two versions behind.  See:  Windows Lifecycle Fact Sheet.

Were I you, I would try Updating Windows 10 using the Windows 10 ISO file, and doing so very promptly so that you are upgrading to the current latest version, 1709, which is quite stable before the Spring Creators Update (Version 1803) goes live on the download page, which will probably be tomorrow.  If you kick off the download of the ISO file this evening you'll have the Version 1709 ISO.

Doing an in place upgrade with the "Keep apps and files" option keeps all your user data and pretty much replaces the entire Windows 10 OS as part of the process.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.  Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

~ Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users