Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

slow performances mostly on IE 11

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 yhelfman

yhelfman

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 PM

Posted 29 April 2018 - 12:44 PM

Hi,

My browser is acting up, I did the basic cache and cookies cleanup but the time that takes between one site to another is 10-20 sec and this did not happen before. I'd appreciate any help with running general cleanup and spam/adware/virus removals and browser specific tools.

Thanks,

Yuval 

Edited by hamluis, 29 April 2018 - 01:03 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,269 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 29 April 2018 - 12:56 PM

Do you have the same issue if you are using another browser? If you run a basic speedtest http://www.speedtest.net/ on your network connection, what kind of upload and download speeds do you get?

#3 yhelfman

yhelfman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2018 - 01:36 PM

On Firefox I don't have this issue.  Speedtest results: Download: 124.99Mbps, Upload: 101.11Mbps

#4 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,269 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 PM

Posted 04 May 2018 - 11:37 AM

Sorry for the delay.

Is this still an issue? If so, is your IE version up to date? Open Internet Explorer, select the Tools  button and then choose About Internet Explorer. Also, is it set to automatically update?

Some suggestions on how to improve IE performance:

https://www.lifewire.com/improving-performance-in-internet-explorer-11-153670

#5 yhelfman

yhelfman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2018 - 11:48 AM

IE 11.x up-to-date and automatically updates checked. The article was useful, I disabled a few add-ons, reset IE and it seems fine again. Thanks much!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users