Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Constant reinstalling same update

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 carbuff

carbuff

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 AM

Posted 29 April 2018 - 12:37 PM

My desktop shows that KB4088776 was successfully installed EACH DAY from 3/22/2018 through today 4/29/2018.

Why does it continue to be reinstalled?

How do I stop this constant repeating?

Each time it installs, I cannot use my computer for ten to fifteen minutes at a time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,924 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 AM

Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:38 PM

Try the following (this presumes you are on an account that has admin privileges and can open an elevated Command Prompt):

1.  Open Command Prompt with Admin privileges.

2.  Enter the commands below one at the time (pressing Enter after each and waiting for each to complete before doing the next):

• net stop wuauserv
  • ren %SystemRoot%\SoftwareDistribution\Download DL.bak
  • net start wuauserv
  • wuauclt.exe /updatenow

The last command should trigger a Windows Update and, with any luck, it won't attempt to reinstall the one it's been insisting on trying to reinstall.

If things look good afterward, you can optionally also enter:  del %SystemRoot%\SoftwareDistribution\DL.bak

Note:  You can copy and paste each command above individually if you do not wish to type them out.

Edited by britechguy, 29 April 2018 - 02:41 PM.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.  Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

~ Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users