Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Constant reinstalling same update

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 carbuff

carbuff

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 29 April 2018 - 12:37 PM

My desktop shows that KB4088776 was successfully installed EACH DAY from 3/22/2018 through today 4/29/2018.

Why does it continue to be reinstalled?

How do I stop this constant repeating?

Each time it installs, I cannot use my computer for ten to fifteen minutes at a time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:38 PM

Try the following (this presumes you are on an account that has admin privileges and can open an elevated Command Prompt):

1.  Open Command Prompt with Admin privileges.

2.  Enter the commands below one at the time (pressing Enter after each and waiting for each to complete before doing the next):

• net stop wuauserv
  • ren %SystemRoot%\SoftwareDistribution\Download DL.bak
  • net start wuauserv
  • wuauclt.exe /updatenow

The last command should trigger a Windows Update and, with any luck, it won't attempt to reinstall the one it's been insisting on trying to reinstall.

If things look good afterward, you can optionally also enter:  del %SystemRoot%\SoftwareDistribution\DL.bak

Note:  You can copy and paste each command above individually if you do not wish to type them out.

Edited by britechguy, 29 April 2018 - 02:41 PM.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users