Please do the following to determine the health of your drives.
Please run SeaTools for Windows
The download loads is a Zip-file, a program like WinZip will be needed to unzip this file.
Please download and run SeaTools for Windows
Before the installation begins you will be prompted to either Decline or Accept the terms of the installation, click on I Accept.
Once the installation of SeatTools for Windows begins you will see an image similar to the one below.
1. SeaTools for Windows will search for HDDs and SSDs on your computer. Please remove any external storage devices connected via USB ports.
2. Detected Drives will list the HDDs and SSDs found. Place a check mark in the drive box you want to run the scan on. This should be the drive that has the operating system installed on it, this is usually C: drive.
3. You will see Basic Tests toolbar above Detected Drives, move the mouse pointer over this to open the test options. Please click on Long Generic Test
4. This will start the scan. When the scan is complete you will see the result under Test Status , please post the results in your topic.
5. The test will indicate either Pass or Fail. Post the results of the scan in your topic.
6. Click on Help, then click on View Log File. If the scan failed take a screen shot of the Log File and post it in your topic.
Follow the instructions below to test your hard drive health with GSmartControl:
1. Download GSmartControl and save it on your Desktop.
2. Extract the content of the GSmartControl .zip archive and execute gsmartcontrol.exe.
3. Identify your drive in the list, and double-click on it to bring up it's window (usually you'll find your drive by it's size or it's brand name).
4. Click on the Perform Tests tab, then select Extended Self-test in the Test type drop-down list and click on Execute (this test can take a few hours to complete).
Once the test is over, the results will be displayed at the bottom of the window. Please copy and paste these results in your topic.
Click on the Attributes tab and if you have any entries highlighted in red or pink, copy and paste their name in your next reply (or take a screenshot of the GSmartControl window and attach it in your next reply).