Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spring/April creators update release imminent.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Goddess_Bastet

Goddess_Bastet

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 27 April 2018 - 01:29 PM

Spring creators update to be released from Monday 30th April.
https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2018/04/27/make-the-most-of-your-time-with-the-new-windows-10-update/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 6,248 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 PM

Posted 30 April 2018 - 08:30 PM

Mine is downloading as I write this, and, I just installed 1709 today, talk about inconvenience!

Not to mention more wear on my drive?

Edited by pcpunk, 30 April 2018 - 08:36 PM.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,320 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2018 - 09:06 PM

It appears that this laptop is in the early cohort, too.  As of the latest update check Version 1803 is identified and being downloaded.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Presenting the willfully ignorant with facts is the very definition of casting pearls before swine.

~ Brian Vogel

#4 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 6,248 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2018 - 09:18 PM

It's a good thing I don't have any skin in this game or I would be livid.  And even now not very happy.  It's difficult to get any work done when this thing is loaded down by Installing The Upgrade!  The crazy thing is I just Upgraded to 1709 today!

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#5 britechguy

britechguy

• 9,320 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2018 - 09:07 AM

If your machine had not yet upgraded to 1709 before yesterday you should have forced it a long while back.  I'm actually shocked that it didn't go from 1703 to 1803.

The completion of roll out of 1709 was a number of months ago, though it seemed to take "forever" for the roll out of that feature update to be announced as complete.

I'm actually typing from a machine that's in the process of doing all the setup for updating to Version 1803 now, and was also last night.  I'm not noticing much difference in its behavior at the moment.

Three of the five machines in my household are in the process of updating to Version 1803 at the moment, and not by my direct action.  I've never had this many be in the early feature update cohort before.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Presenting the willfully ignorant with facts is the very definition of casting pearls before swine.

~ Brian Vogel

#6 badtoad

badtoad

• Members
  • 187 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2018 - 09:38 AM

Tried to install 1803 but when finished it could not find my desktop.Installed a back up that was not current but at least it had me up and running again. I will back up this copy when done updating apps and security updates just to be safe.

#7 britechguy

britechguy

• 9,320 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2018 - 10:51 AM

No problems installing on this PC.  The only thing I noticed so far that I don't like is that hitting Enter on the system lock screen does not bring up the login process.  I had to click to get it to initiate.   They've also added the "Microsoft Hello" method of login, which I'll never use, but they did retain the standard password login that I do use as the default, so I don't really care much about that.

~ Brian Vogel

#8 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 6,248 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2018 - 01:45 PM

If your machine had not yet upgraded to 1709 before yesterday you should have forced it a long while back.  I'm actually shocked that it didn't go from 1703 to 1803.

I was purposely keeping it from Upgrading just as a little test, which as everyone knows don't really work lol. 

I still find it "funny" (not really), that everyone calls it an "Update", instead of what it really is, an Upgrade?  An Update should not take hours, and should not leave a Windows.old Folder on the machine?  I forgot to look, I wonder if I have Two Windows.old Folders since the Upgrades were done so closely?

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users