Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can't access a US bank website

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hogesinwa

hogesinwa

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Location:Crossed the Atlantic, via Havana. Now in Tampa Bay area for a while.
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 27 April 2018 - 09:20 AM

Hi.  I suspect this is something to do with servers that host sites but I am only making a wild guess with that.

I'm trying to get to the website of the Mutual of Omaha bank.

Google search = can't get it, took too long.  Bing = same.  DuckDuckGo = same.  

If I go to the Directory of US banks, I can find the branch I want in Laughlin, Nv but when I click on the link to the MofO website, I get the same as the above.

I can find a MofO Facebook page for a branch on Marco Island, Fla but if I click on the link to the main website, I get the same story.

Can anyone tell me why this site won't come up?  Everything else is working fine, and I can access any other US websites I want, like my marina in Palmetto etc.

Not this.

Hoges in WA (as in Western Australia, not Washington)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,019 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 AM

Posted 27 April 2018 - 09:38 AM

I had no problem accessing the website.

https://www.mutualofomahabank.com/

First clear your Browser cache. If that does not work:

Open a command prompt and type the following commands.

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

ipconfig /flush dns

Reboot

If the above does not work then use OpenDNS. After changing to OpenDNS flush your dns  and clear your browse cache.

Windows 7

Windows 8

Windows 10

Edit: I believe I misinterpreted your post. The above Mutual of Omaha site link I posted is the only site the Laughlin NV branch links to when clicking the Website button.

Capture.jpg

Edited by JohnC_21, 27 April 2018 - 10:00 AM.

#3 hogesinwa

hogesinwa
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Location:Crossed the Atlantic, via Havana. Now in Tampa Bay area for a while.
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 28 April 2018 - 08:05 AM

I had no problem accessing the website.

https://www.mutualofomahabank.com/

First clear your Browser cache. If that does not work:

Open a command prompt and type the following commands.

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

ipconfig /flush dns

Reboot

If the above does not work then use OpenDNS. After changing to OpenDNS flush your dns  and clear your browse cache.

Windows 7

Windows 8

Windows 10

Edit: I believe I misinterpreted your post. The above Mutual of Omaha site link I posted is the only site the Laughlin NV branch links to when clicking the Website button.

Capture.jpg

Hello JohnC.

Tried clearing the cache.  Made no difference.

Tried the Command prompts.  Release does something really fast that I can't see or pause.  Renew gives me this response.:

No operation can be performed on Ethernet 2 while it has its media disconnected

No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection 13 while it has its media disconnected

No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection 14 while it has its media disconnected

The 3rd ipconfig does nothing.

I looked at step three and concluded it is way beyond me so I'll have to bow out and just Skype them on Monday.  Incidentally, the Laughlin branch is exactly the branch my M-i-L uses down there on the Colorado River.

Thanks for trying to help.

Hoges

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users