Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to stop volume automaximsing ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bastie

Bastie

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 27 April 2018 - 08:18 AM

My Dell Inspiron Model 1545/PP41L laptop came with Win7 Home Premium - the volume control used to automaximise. When the O/S got upgraded to Win10 Pro v1709, the volume still automaximised. It is out of warranty so Dell will not offer any free advice. Device Manager says that the audio driver is optimal. BIOS is the latest version. How can I gain control over the volume ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,667 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 28 April 2018 - 05:52 AM

So you can not manually turn down the volume?

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 Bastie

Bastie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 29 April 2018 - 07:20 AM

I CAN reduce the volume, but it rises to 100% again as fast as I reduce it. On rare occasions it does not rise immediately, but is at 100% again after a reboot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users