Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Youtube videos - imagery, voice and background music.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Esotericist1995

Esotericist1995

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2018 - 04:35 AM

Which laptop is the best for creating and editing youtube videos. For example if I were to make videos like zeitgeist and esoteric agenda, what is the best device to use? Making videos where I can instill loads of imagery, the occasional musical theme and of course a solidly clear voice and so on. Also recommending additional apps/programs/downloadable systems ect that would be best for this purpose would also help. I would like to know what programs/apps/downloads would be good to develop music I have heard of soundcloud as well. Once again background beats, voice and imagery in the videos is the idea. Both for teaching and making music (doesnt have to be perfect but should get the job done). Also better alternatives to slide shows as well as how do I even make a video with slides that I can speak over and so on. Im totally new to the tech world however I have a lot of future plans so I need some tips concerning these matters. My price range isnt limited. I want a laptop that is the best at making and editing teaching videos and music videos. Ive heard the best gaming laptops are good at this as well. I like games like wow and might occasionally play but set that aside for the most part for now.

Edited by hamluis, 27 April 2018 - 05:07 AM.
Moved from Audio/Video Apps to Buying New Computer - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 2,877 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 27 April 2018 - 09:43 PM

Yeah something high powered would do this with ease.

Something like the Dell XPS laptop series should do the job, just dont go buy into apple.

Apples are overpriced, cannot be upgraded and really you can do the same thing with any laptop you can do with a Macbook or Macbook pro

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

#3 nickos

nickos

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 29 April 2018 - 11:59 AM

hi my friends,

dear esotericist1995,

you question could be easily answered through some other forums like creativecow and videomaker 

i can give you some help to your question

it is not necessary to buy a powerful desktop or laptop for the job you want to do

you can do everything that you want even with a cheap desktop, a used one let's say an intel core2 duo e7200 (like the one i have) 

i can rendering up to 720p hd (not full hd) videos and i can create slide shows as well with my little low end celeron g530

for video you will need at least four gb of ram and a good graphics card (even an old nvidia gt 8800 can do the job)

personally i use for my video the sony vegas 

sony vegas version up to 11 is dependable on cpu speed, the higher the better, with two or more cores

sony vegas version 11 and above is dependable on graphics card 

there many programs for video editing and slide show creation, so the choice is yours always depend on your personal needs and budget

music creation program.. something like loop based magix music maker

usb microphone or better a ribbon microphone

for voice over i would recommend a ribbon microphone !!!

why ribbon ?

simply the best microphone type for ''that mellow classic sound''

usb audio interface 

https://www.thomann.de/gb/usb_audio_interfaces.html

the mackie onyx usb audio interface is a good choice (onyx mic pre amplifier have high specifications)

magix music maker 

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=magix+music+maker+tutorial

creating slide show with sony vegas

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=creating+slide+show+with+sony+vegas

what video camera ?

there so many models around but i would suggested a canon powershoot (much better than a web camera) 

personally, i bought  last year a used canon powershoot a1400 mint condition for forty euros although video recording is up to 720p hd (quite enough for youtube and vimeo)

lastly, i would ''not'' recommend a laptop because laptops have many limitations (integrated graphics too weak for hd video rendering), too much heat when you rendering, not expandable as desktop

os windows 10 x64 bits is a good choice

a desktop will give you more since it is more expandable than a laptop

if you want to buy a laptop buy anything new like dell 

good luck my friend

Edited by nickos, 29 April 2018 - 12:06 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,726 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 02 May 2018 - 02:35 PM

Agree with last poster...when I first read this topic...I wondered why what seems like software issues...were being raised in a hardware forum.

Google...will provide you with much more defined information...on the areas that you mention...than I anticipate you will find here.  Whatever it is that you want to do...my suggestion would be find one or more user forums that focus on those directions...not just assume that the members at this forum/website...are capable of providing the best information.  Users sharing your interests...will provide a more complete audience capable and willing to share their experiences, not just opinions that may have token merit.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users