Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to insert online video into Word docx

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jacktheripper

jacktheripper

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:01 PM

Hi all

I have a learning disability, am not tech savvy and have never attempted this before, I am trying to insert a online video into a Word 2016 file.

I have tried importing a few different video's and all end up the same; I feel as if I am missing one vital step as whenever I try to play the embedded video content, the monitor displays a black screen, and in the centre is nothing but the original url in white text. Online I can't find any similar problem or suggested fix

What am I failing to do?

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,255 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 29 April 2018 - 01:01 PM

Go to the Insert tab in the top ribbon, and select Online Video.  Go through the selection prompts until you locate the video you want to insert. The first link includes a how-to video.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Video-Insert-online-video-BF11B812-0243-4F53-A1F9-432FBF7ACE2C

http://www.dummies.com/software/microsoft-office/word/how-to-insert-an-online-video-into-a-document-in-word-2016/

#3 RossTeagan

RossTeagan

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 AM

Posted 02 May 2018 - 05:06 AM

You could also try using the Google Docs app. There are add=ons like DocuTube which you can add to Google Docs and you can watch videos in your document, without leaving the page.

Tech Assistant at UnlockUnit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users