Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble with getting a new monitor

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Exoclap

Exoclap

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 PM

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:41 PM

I'm shopping for a new monitor since my current one is really old and still has only VGA support... I want to upgrade to a monitor that costs around 300$ or less.

I want the monitor to be and have:
1. 23" or 24"
2. 1080p (since I have gtx 970 and i5 4690k I need to have a lower resolution monitor in order to play newest games at decent FPS and decent graphical settings)
3. Possibly 75hz
4. IPS display
5. Good response time at around 5 ms
6. Flicker free and low/not noticeable input lag

If you guys have any good monitors in mind that fit these specs or are maybe even better and fit the price budget please let me know.

So far I have found two monitors that peeked my interest and these two are Dell U2414H and LG 23MP68VQ. Which one would you guys choose if you were in my shoes? I will be using my new monitor mainly for watching movies/videos and playing singleplayer and sometimes multiplayer competitive games.

Thank you so so much for helping me out on this difficult task! All the help is appreciated 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 PM

Posted 26 April 2018 - 03:01 PM

I have three Asus VC279H on my desk at home.  I use one for watching movies, one for gaming and the last one to monitor e-mail and browse the web.  There is also a 23" version available.  I bought my father an Asus VZ279H, again available in a 23" version.  The reason I purchased the model I did was for the variety of inputs and VESA mounts.  At the time I purchase my father's the price difference was sufficient that it made more sense to go with the model I selected for him as he didn't need VESA mounts or DVI.

#3 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,803 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:00 PM

Kilroy brought up the most important part that buyers forget about until they try to hook it up.   What interface do you have on you PC and what models have the matching inputs.  Options within HDMI allow audio to go to whatever device is connected, if your selection has built in speakers, otherwise alternate methods will be needed for audio support.  DVI has many flavors and connectors to reflect those levels so that needs investigation too.

#4 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,074 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 PM

Posted 27 April 2018 - 09:58 PM

Well there is this:

https://www.amazon.com/BenQ-GW2780-Flicker-free-Speakers-Management/dp/B072XFFQ4K

May be a better option though I dont know how rotatable the stand is.

Its a good value monitor and is under your price point

BenQ makes a lot of good monitors

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users