Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

svchost.exe Crashes my PC

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 XxLohitxX

XxLohitxX

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:45 AM

Hey everyone,

So, my computer has recently started to have some issues. Whenever i play games, my computer starts to lag like hell. Not only that, but my CPU usage is always above 65% - 70% (even when idle). This is a really weird problem and this is the first time i have experienced this issue.

I have tried everything to solve this and dug deep into my computer and found what has been causing this problem. It is apparently the "svchost.exe" service which is running. I first thought that it might be just a windows service that is updating the computer in background and now it has been 3 days after several shutdowns and reboots (because of the Blue Screen), it still hasn't been fixed.

When i try manually killing the service, it just crashes my computer and shows me the Blue Screen error. This is now getting very annoying. It has another impact on my PC which is that it doesn't let me complete any captcha because it doesn't let the browser show any. I used a different browser to sign up to this website and post (idk if i'm allowed to say the browser name). Because of this service, there is another virus or something that has entered my PC and it has a weird name (virus folder name- c783cea277bcbdff52295b9e9e8dca2e).

I have tried several solutions but none of them work. I tried killing it manually but it comes back (the virus folder), i have tried killing the service but it shows me the Blue Screen, I have also right-clicked the service and then clicked "Go to Service(s)" button but it doesn't highlight any service. I have also tried RKill to end delete that service but it shows me the Blue Screen.

Please help me anyone, I will be waiting for the solution. I would really appreciate your help. Thanks!

PS- As i am posting this, the service is not running somehow. I hope someone can help me out tho if it comes back.

Edited by hamluis, 28 April 2018 - 06:18 AM.
Moved from Crashes/BSODs to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 limer

limer

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:33 AM

I would recommend the first step download whocrashed by resplendence software http://www.resplendence.com/downloads to see if it can analyze any events of blue screen and give a possblie reason for it. It could be a conflicting driver or hardware issue. we need more info from the analysis of whocrashed to continue to the final solution

#3 XxLohitxX

XxLohitxX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:50 PM

I would recommend the first step download whocrashed by resplendence software http://www.resplendence.com/downloads to see if it can analyze any events of blue screen and give a possblie reason for it. It could be a conflicting driver or hardware issue. we need more info from the analysis of whocrashed to continue to the final solution

Hey, thanks for replying to this thread but i just want to let you know that i have fixed the problem by just simply downloading MalwareBytes and running a full scan and deleting those viruses and restarted my PC and it worked!

Thanks for replying though :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users