Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My windows 10 is infected with something

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Hairdresser28

Hairdresser28

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 PM

Posted 25 April 2018 - 05:10 PM

I am having lots of problems with my windows 10 hp laptop

Edited by britechguy, 25 April 2018 - 05:45 PM.
Moved from MRL as there are no logs and insufficient detail.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,204 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 25 April 2018 - 06:25 PM

Describe in detail what is happening that makes you suspect malware is involved. What programs you have used

to scan with if any?

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Hairdresser28

Hairdresser28
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2018 - 12:44 PM

hi, thank you.. I Have name of files and folders that i have never seen, when i look them up it says malware, services running i never heard of also.

then when i go to shut down or restart, It always says someone else is using this computer they will loose their woek. I ran farber and attached in post after this one

thanks for taking time out of your day for me :)

#4 Void0blivion

Void0blivion

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 29 April 2018 - 04:49 PM

Hello,

Your computer seems to be kind of bleeped up, though funny enough to see files and folder named "malware".

From what you said, another session seems to be open on your computer besides yours (or something simulating it), considering you're the only one using this computer.

Evaluating roughly your problem, you should go here instead : https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

You said to have run the Farbar Tool, yet I don't see anything (and should not since it is forbidden here).

It would be wiser for you to start a new topic in the subforum I linked above.

While not mentionned in this topic : https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/ (that you will carefully read), you may be interested by isolating your computer from any network : Just deactivate your network card(s), and be sure it stays like that by checking it regularly (some unwanted software may reactivate it).

But I suggest that you get confirmation from people who will check your results before doing that, they may not agree to what I say (and may decide not to help you).

Note that if you go the subforum I linked, only authorized bleeping computer members will help you in your problem.

Else, we can still discuss your problem here, but you need to give us a lot more details than just name of files you can see (for example, give us some screenshots, or some annoying/strange/unwanted behavior on your computer).

Edited by Void0blivion, 29 April 2018 - 05:33 PM.

#5 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,166 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2018 - 05:29 PM

It is generally a good idea to confirm that there is, indeed, an infection involved before progressing to the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum.

If you have run tools that confirm the presence of malware, e.g., Malwarebytes, Zemana Anti-Malware, or viruses (any antivirus or security suite that issues a warning), that either cannot remove then you should post the exact messages you received from those utilities here so that those who know what to best do next can advise you on what to run.  It is not necessary, nor advisable, to jump straight into what is often referred to the MRL (malware removal logs) forum.

It is useful to follow the instructions in the pinned post,  Instructions for posting advice in Am I Infected Forum, before continuing here.   If you are eventually referred to the MRL forum you should read and follow the instructions for doing so in the pinned post on that forum entitled,Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#6 Void0blivion

Void0blivion

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 29 April 2018 - 07:12 PM

It is generally a good idea to confirm that there is, indeed, an infection involved before progressing to the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum.

If you have run tools that confirm the presence of malware, e.g., Malwarebytes, Zemana Anti-Malware, or viruses (any antivirus or security suite that issues a warning), that either cannot remove then you should post the exact messages you received from those utilities here so that those who know what to best do next can advise you on what to run.  It is not necessary, nor advisable, to jump straight into what is often referred to the MRL (malware removal logs) forum.

It is useful to follow the instructions in the pinned post,  Instructions for posting advice in Am I Infected Forum, before continuing here.   If you are eventually referred to the MRL forum you should read and follow the instructions for doing so in the pinned post on that forum entitled,Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help

Your robot-like, half-hidden and long critic towards me is not welcomed nor it is respectul, but hey I am a kind and respecful guy so I won't say anything farther than the content of this post.

Errors are common, and, considering your answer, you are not someone I would rely on. Please, be more human man.

"Please, don't tell people to go the MRL forum before we are almost sure there is some malware involved"... don't you think this sounds better ?

It is easy to understand your words :

• First, in the first sentence, you back your BC Advisor (Hello my friend !) while comparing his actions to mine (need more credit lol ?) ;
  • Then, you are talking about "those who know what to best do next" (Oh my, could it be me ? :D ... or not ? :() ;
  • After that, you are telling the only thing needed, fair enough, though it is linked to the previous point in a crude manner ;
  • Finally, you mention "If you are eventually referred to the MRL forum", which proves even more that you are razzing me.

I have no problem when it comes to learn from my errors, but only if the one telling me about them do it well, else I am forced to write answers like this one.

The only fact that you don't address me directly proves that you are disrespectful (to put it politely).

You don't give a good image of the forum at all, and that is very regrettable.

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,204 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 30 April 2018 - 04:53 AM

This topic can be closed as the OP Hairdresser28 opened a new topic in the malware removal forum on the 26th.

I think my laptop is infected - Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users