Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC not recognising monitor after removing RAM???

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Tahnx

Tahnx

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:37 PM

Hello, so i recently took out my RAM in attempt to fix an issue where my PC does not recognise my monitor, and i get a video signal error. i tried pulling out my power cord from monitor same problem, same for my HDMI. this did not work; and in fact made this situation even worse. now keep in mind this all happened after i removed the RAM, and my monitor displays black screen while cup is running. when i boot pc, a loud beeping noise is on. help Ty

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 890 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 25 April 2018 - 04:53 PM

your computer won't boot with no ram installed all you'll get is beeping.  you have to have at least 1 ram stick installed.

#3 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,925 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:05 PM

I'm guessing here but it sounds like the unit has integrated video, meaning it needs SOME memory on the board to get any BIOS display.  If you reseated the memory and still no display, I'd need much more info on the units specs.  CPU, MOBO, memory, video card or other cards mounted.

#4 Tahnx

Tahnx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:55 AM

I have put the RAM back in, same problem.

#5 Tahnx

Tahnx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:58 AM

I'm guessing here but it sounds like the unit has integrated video, meaning it needs SOME memory on the board to get any BIOS display.  If you reseated the memory and still no display, I'd need much more info on the units specs.  CPU, MOBO, memory, video card or other cards mounted.

i put the RAM back in and the same problem;

Intel core i5
gtx 960 gpu
8gb ram
will post more cash

#6 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,925 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:56 PM

The plastic holders for the memory cards are prone to fracturing and breaking, especially the parts that clip in place as the clips can break off and this results in the card not fully being seated in the connector.  It is also possible that the removal of the memory allowed dirt  into the connectors.

#7 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 890 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2018 - 04:21 PM

just try 1 stick of ram, not all of them. and see if it will boot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users