Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Freezing and DCOM errors, Win10 1703

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 scblair

scblair

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 24 April 2018 - 09:59 PM

I'm at wits end regarding this. I have a homebuilt Windows 10 Home PC that had been running build 1709 fine for a long time. It suddenly within the past few months started getting freezing and lock-ups. I checked the event log and found this was usually preceded by DistributedCom 10016 errors. I tried several methods to resolve these (adjusting permissions) with things only getting worse after.

I tried a clean install and still had problems. I contacted Windows and I was advised to roll back to 1703. I did a clean install of that, disabling updates to ensure I didn't update to 1709 again. I'm still getting freezing and DCOM errors as well as warnings now related to portable devices.

Could this be hardware related as opposed to software? I've found it freezing most often during gaming (The Long Dark for example) and occasionally during video playback and even general use. Sometimes when it freezes the sound goes nuts. I've run several burnin tests with no indication of a problem, and Memtest also checks out OK. (update: I ran Valley Benchmark and it crashed the first time but went the full way through the second time on Ultra settings)

I'm running: 
AMD FX-6300, stock speeds
Sapphite Radeon HD 5850, stock speeds
Biostar TA970
Samsung 840 EVO SSD
2x4GB RAM

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users