Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Outlook 2010

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DreadTech

DreadTech

• Members
  • 119 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 24 April 2018 - 08:36 PM

Hello I've Been Dealing With This Issue Since Fri. I have a machine thats running Outlook 2010 on Win 7 Pro email will not open. I tried to create a new profile but there's no mail icon in Control Panel. Tried to Repair, and reinstall no luck. I got the machine to boot up in Safe Mode and tried to login with the profile that has the issue and no luck. Any advice is appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,629 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 06:31 AM

What do you mean "email will not open"? Do you mean you receive emails and cannot open them? Do you mean you cannot open Outlook (if so, what happens when you try)? You need to explain the problem in detail please. I don't know about anyone else, but I really don't understand the exact issue you are having.

#3 DreadTech

DreadTech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 119 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 04:24 PM

This is the message i receive when i try to access Outlook. Its The Link Below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pnkn21zaga1fquk/Outlook.JPG?dl=0

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,629 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 04:30 PM

I suggest you completely uninstall Outlook (https://support.office.com/en-us/article/uninstall-office-from-a-pc-9dd49b83-264a-477a-8fcc-2fdf5dbf61d8?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US#OfficeVersion=2010), reboot, and then reinstall.

What led up to this problem? It's unlikely it just appeared out of the blue.

#5 daveydoom

daveydoom

• Security Colleague
  • 108 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:31 PM

Sounds to me as though the PST file is corrupt.   I would open Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft \Office14 and double click the SCANPST.exe file.

More assistance here:

https://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/usingscanpst.htm

Please let us know how it goes :) .   I've seen Outlook become corrupt more times than you can shake a stick at so I hate it with a passion.   There are normally good reasons for it becoming corrupt (ie: improper shutdowns or too large a PST (yes I've seen a PST at 50GB)) but I still prefer Thunderbird when given a choice.

Edited by daveydoom, 26 April 2018 - 05:46 AM.

"A computer beat me in chess, but it was no match when it came to kickboxing"
-Emo Philips

unite_final.png

#6 Misterbroon333

Misterbroon333

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 06 May 2018 - 09:46 AM

For information only, not sure if this is what's happening. I kept getting an Internet email login dialog box popping up every 2 seconds, VERY annoying. Deleted my profile then outlook refused to find the server settings, so I had no Outlook at all. Didn't beat me though, here's how I fixed it:-)

Gmail will not find server settings, download emails etc.

Outlook tries to find your Server Settings then times out and says it’s going to try an unencrypted connection, even though you know the info is correct.

Go to Mail in Control panel                                         

Delete ALL yes ALL yes ALL profiles

Close dialog box

Close outlook

Restart Outlook

Enter configuration details in the File\add account\account settings area in Outlook – it WILL find the server settings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users