Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple monitor setups

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Stretch1970

Stretch1970

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:10 PM

What would you need to set up 2 curved monitors and be able to split each screen into 2 separate screens . Total of 4 diff windows . Is this possible? If this is possible
Can each window have more tan one tab so you can toggle between tabs on the split screen. Using windows 7 desktop . Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,917 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 AM

Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:31 AM

This is certainly possible.  I have one monitor on VGA at 1920 X 1080 and another on HDMI at the same resolution.  The second monitor is in extended mode, allowing normal display on the second display.  I can open tabs and move them to the second display and have multiple tabs on both.

#3 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:59 AM

If you don't need to have each monitor split into separate virtual screens, then the window snapping feature built into Windows can be useful.  For example, you can use it to arrange two browser windows into equally sized windows taking up half of each screen.  It's more advanced in Windows 10, but in Windows 7, Aero Snap has this basic functionality.  Try clicking on a browser window and then pressing Win + Left Arrow.  Then select or open another browser window and press Win + Right Arrow.

If you do prefer to divide your monitor into virtual screens, then software is needed like Ultraview Desktop Manager (not free).  I could perhaps see the attraction if using large 4K monitors, but otherwise, dividing a screen into several virtual ones seems problematic to me.  For one, if you do want a full screen view for some reason, you're bound to have to change some setting before you can do that.

I haven't used any personally but some freeware apps which look like they provide more advanced window arrangement features than Windows, rather than dividing single monitors into virtual displays are mentioned here - Online Tech Tips.  

7sbvuf-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users