Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Office 365 Program Icons not Displayed Next to Files

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jmbtexas

jmbtexas

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 23 April 2018 - 03:52 PM

Hi,

I got a new computer for work, synced up Dropbox folders and files, and then, installed Office 365.

None of my Office files in Dropbox show the appropriate Office icon next to the file (Word, Excel, etc.)

If I click a file, it opens with the right Office program, and then, the Office icon is next to the file.

The main issue here is that the Dropbox search feature will not find the file unless the Office icon is there.

In Windows, when I go to Settings > Choose Default Apps by File Type, all the file types have the right Office program associations.

I thought this issue might have been caused by not installing Office 365 before syncing Dropbox, but I unlinked Dropbox, deleted all the folders and files and started over, but the issue remains.

What can I do to quickly get all the Office icons to show up on the files?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users