Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ps2 Online Play

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 crazyfool619

crazyfool619

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 AM

Posted 06 October 2006 - 07:44 PM

my problem is that for some reason i cant connect to my Network through my computer when i connect my ps2 to it via ehternet cable. i put in all of the correct information about my IP settings and etc but for some reason i cannot connect. But when i connect my ps2 to the router it works fine. I opened up the ports on the firewall and still no luck. i even opened up the ports on my router settings (when i typed in my IP in the URL bar on my browser) and still nothing.

I've gotten it to work before. Then i moved out of my parents place and came back a year later, and now it's not working.

can someone please help me with this. greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 halfbaked

halfbaked

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2006 - 03:28 AM

my problem is that for some reason i cant connect to my Network through my computer when i connect my ps2 to it via ehternet cable. i put in all of the correct information about my IP settings and etc but for some reason i cannot connect. But when i connect my ps2 to the router it works fine. I opened up the ports on the firewall and still no luck. i even opened up the ports on my router settings (when i typed in my IP in the URL bar on my browser) and still nothing.

I've gotten it to work before. Then i moved out of my parents place and came back a year later, and now it's not working.

can someone please help me with this. greatly appreciated.

Post your router information please.

#3 crazyfool619

crazyfool619
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2006 - 08:23 PM

has this happened to you before, or are you experienced with networking?

#4 crazyfool619

crazyfool619
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2006 - 11:45 PM

Subnet Mask: 255.255.240.0
Default Gateway: 70.32.16.1
DNS 1: 24.51.98.194
DNS 2: 24.51.98.195

#5 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 AM

Posted 10 October 2006 - 01:39 AM

Hello CF. I am not familar with console games but I would guess you are having an IP address conflict. When you change from one network ( You HIS connection) to a second network (the link between the console and the PC) you need to have different settings.
I would recommend you leave your current settings alone. Create a second Profile or network connection in the LAC (Local Area Connection) that is found in your Network Connections in the Control Panel. When you move from one network to the other just change between the two Profiles.
Connect your console and create the new connection.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#6 crazyfool619

crazyfool619
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2006 - 11:44 AM

thanks man i'll give it a try and get back with you afterwards

#7 halfbaked

halfbaked

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2006 - 10:06 PM

thanks man i'll give it a try and get back with you afterwards

did it work?

long time ago i had a ps2 online, but thats when you had to go buy the ethernet adapter for it, so its kind of hard for me to remember but i know it did come with a networking cd to configure the stuff automatically, are you using DSL or Cable or other? i know with DSL i had the same problem and had to reconfigure each time i unplugged from the ps2 ethernet outlet.

please post what kind of router your using

#8 crazyfool619

crazyfool619
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2006 - 10:29 AM

im using a linksys WRT54g ver.5 and i have a cable modem.

i did use the network adapter CD but when i go to test out the settings it times out and says that it cant connect. I read online somewhere that it says to play a game that lets you create new network settings through the game. but i dont have any game like that. at least, i dont think so. i have yet to try that method.

#9 jeremy12379

jeremy12379

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2006 - 12:25 PM

if u are using dsl then u need to enter all the info...but if u are using calbe madem put auto dns for the settings and do not enter the ip info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users