Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC Reboots on Certain games

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hunter12

Hunter12

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:17 AM

PC SPECS - i7 8700k (Turbo Boost enabled) 
16GB DDR4 3000MHZ 
GTX 1080TI MSI TRIO
 MSI Z370 CARBON 
500GB M.2 SSD 
3TB HDD 
Aerocool P7 (Project 7) 850W PLAT 
NZXT KRAKEN X52

ACER 27" 1440P 165HZ G SYNC

Hi guys my pc keeps rebooting after a few minutes of playing the Witcher 3. There is no BSOD and the computer instantly reboots, temperatures are fine GPU sits around 60-75c and CPU sits around 45-60c.

I have run PRIME95 and FURMARK at the same time so everything is pulling a lot of power and i get no crash.

Games i have experienced crashes on - 
War Thunder
Witcher 3

Any ideas?

I have already
1.Fully Wiped then reinstalled GPU drivers
2.Reseated GPU
3.Set Bios to default

I have already sent off the GPU for RMA and they sent it back reporting there were no faults with it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stegolove

stegolove

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 PM

Posted 01 May 2018 - 05:41 PM

1. You tried Prime95 + Furmark together and recorded temps?

2. Could it be bug in those games? are they updated? drivers are updated?

#3 Vovik

Vovik

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 PM

Posted 08 July 2018 - 04:16 AM

Some games are using complex and heavy game engines. To check, if it depends on the game, you can try to take a set of simple games, for example, something like this: https://www.topspeed.com/car-games/car-games/index142.html (cars or any other topic) and test them on your machine. If it will be okay with this simple games, so the problem might be in the drivers for your GPU or some games are really full of bugs and you can't do anything with this. 

#4 techblogger911

techblogger911

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 02 August 2018 - 01:23 AM

Have you tried repairing or reinstalling the games though?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users