Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lidar for machinery scanning

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 DreadPeak

DreadPeak

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 23 April 2018 - 05:30 AM

This is just a thing to discuss. I've always used (and think that this is how things works)  handheld 3d scanners (or laser measurement devices) to get accurate 3d models of stuff like cars or other transport.

By the way, I've seen the car scanned by a lidar. https://www.artec3d.com/3d-models/smart-car

What for? The scan isn't as accurate as I can get by their handheld Spider, and spider is more than twice cheaper.   
According to this lidar specifications. It's good for architecture purpose maybe. I mean if you have to scan a facade of a building maybe. Quallity and range is more than enough. 
For me using lidar for cars is not wise..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users