Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer starts lagging/slowing after a couple days

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mation

Mation

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 22 April 2018 - 06:06 PM

Hello,

When I restart my computer, everything works great and efficiently.  However, after a couple days my internet browsing, plex usage and downloading start to slow significantly.  When I restart my computer again, it works normally.    

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium

Dell XPS 8300

Intel Core i5-2300 CPU @ 2.80 GHz

12.0 GB RAM

64 bit operating system

Samsung SSD EVO 500 gb

==========================

I ran rkill, malwarebytes, adwcleaner and hitmanpro.

Adwcleaner and hitmanpro found some items and I cleaned it.  (sorry didn't save the logs; regret it now).

I added 8 gb of RAM as well.

I dusted the inside of my computer.  

Still seem to be running in this pattern of restart computer.  Works fine for a couple days.  Then plex usage, internet browsing and downloading really slow down.  

Thanks for any help with this.

--Mation

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 19 May 2018 - 09:41 AM

Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.
Let me know if all went well..
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Mation

Mation
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 20 May 2018 - 04:19 PM

Thank you for the reply.  I will let you know.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users