Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC crash every time I play a game for too long

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AKRNG

AKRNG

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 21 April 2018 - 08:20 PM

Hi,

I own an Asus G75VW since 2012 (laptop) and for a few weeks now it's been brutally crashing (no BSOD, just a black screen/instant shutdown) everytime I play a game for too long, even light games like CK2.

All my drivers are up to date, W10 is updated.

It has happenned to me before but everytime it was because my Geforce drivers were not up to date, and I fixed the issue by simply updating.

I've checked the events viewer but it doesn't seem to offer any piece of information other than that the previous shutdown was not planned.

I guess it can be hardware related.

What do you think?

Thank you in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,028 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 24 April 2018 - 09:49 PM

I conjecture it's a temperature issue. How about using HWiNFO to monitor your temps? To avoid unwanted software, please download the portable version.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users