Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Forgotten Passcode Motorola Droid Mini

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lordquas15

lordquas15

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 21 April 2018 - 05:35 PM

Just found old phone today which I had misplaced over three years ago. Couldn't remember the model, but pretty sure it's a Droid Mini after a quick google search. Tried seven potential passcodes to unlock and now have three tries left before phone will factory reset. Phone no longer has mobile service and it seems wifi isn't turned on either. Any options for getting in?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 C0bra

C0bra

• Members
  • 176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 21 April 2018 - 06:03 PM

Safest bet: reset the phone.

Edited by C0bra, 21 April 2018 - 06:04 PM.

nIDwkQT.gif

| IT Service Technician | A+ | Network+ | Gamer | iPhone Expert |

#3 lordquas15

lordquas15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2018 - 06:15 PM

Yeah. My problem is this was in my pre-Google+ days. I have many photos that will be lost. I would like to access them if possible.

#4 fyshstyx

fyshstyx

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:19 PM

If the phone has a Micro-SD card in it, try putting the card in a card reader, either connected by USB or directly into your computer's "on board" card reader if it has one. If the photos are not there, try looking on google photos, since everything you had on Picasa was uploaded to photos when Google made the switch. Otherwise, try connecting the phone to your computer VIA usd, and attempt to pull off the files through ADB. If that does not work, either reset the phone or have DriveSavers or some other data recovery program / business recover the data for you if the photos are really that important.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users