Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kaspersky notifies of trojan, a redirect to "FlashPlayer outdated" page

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 donatello

donatello

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 PM

Posted 21 April 2018 - 03:57 PM

I have a Dell Studio XPS, i5, 6GB RAM, 64 bit, 250 GB ssd, Windows 7 Ultimate,  Kaspersky internet Security, SUPERAntiSpyware and a TP-Link Deco M5 Whole Home Mesh WiFi System (which includes MicroTrend anti-virus). I prefer Google Chrome because it loads pages quicker, use it for one email account and have had no problems. Mozilla Firefox for another email account and Internet Explorer 11 which is usually slow to load pages, I can hear the CPU fan running faster and have been getting "redirects" to a page that states: YOUR VERSION OF FLASH PLAYER MIGHT BE OUTDATED which wants me to click on the update button. I hit the ALT & F4 keys and shut down the browser. (I had uninstalled Adobe Shockwave & Adobe Flash a long time ago, although I still have Acrobat and Air) I have also had my Kaspersky triggered and a warning indicating it detected a trojan that it couldn't stop.  I would not normally use Internet Explorer, but a couple websites I am required to use prefer this browser to the others. I've run scans frequently with SUPERAniSpyware, Kaspersky and MalwareBytes, but still have issues. Thanks in advance, I really appreciate any help I can get.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 21 April 2018 - 05:04 PM

Reset Internet Explorer.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/923737

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#3 donatello

donatello
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 PM

Posted 22 April 2018 - 10:25 AM

Thanks for your help. I'm performing the recommendation now and I will see how she functions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users