Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Hacked

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mir12345

Mir12345

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 21 April 2018 - 03:33 PM

I found out that my computer was hacked recently, The hacker was using my computer  to open sites and was trying to open the network sharing on my computer while i was afk luckily i came in time to see what was going in . I did a factory reset of my computer but still believe i may be hacked as there was a file labeled 357 watch later saved to my desktop(it was an internet explorer browser file) which took me to a youtube page that had a song on it and i dont remember saving that file to watch later (nor do i generally use explorer) . i have run tcp view but cant really decipher if any thing malicious is going on everything seems to be going ok to my untrained eye. Any help in the matter would be appreciated .

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jaycan

Jaycan

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 22 April 2018 - 02:11 AM

Welcome Mir12345, and Welcome..

⦁ Please start by going to our  Tutorials and there is a topic about Have I been Hacked > [https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/have-i-been-hacked/], it was written by Lawrence Abrams the owner of BleepingComputer.

⦁ There is too much information to print it here, But please read it first.

⦁ If you still have problems, follow the Preparation guide for Malware Removal  and post all directions starting from item 6.

An Expert will deal with your case, when one is available if it requires further attention.

Thank You

Edited by Jaycan, 22 April 2018 - 02:18 AM.

Acer Computer with LG Monitor and Toshiba Laptop with Windows 7.1

Windows 64bit  8.1 - Always fully updated

Firefox / Google Chrome / Internet Explorer Browsers

Usually a home helper here or with friends and nimble fingered ladies who would rather sew or dust, but not clean the bugs out of a computer ...

#3 Mir12345

Mir12345
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2018 - 01:46 PM

thank you the link that you gave me regarding the tutorial isnt valid though. The first one stating 'have i been hacked'

Edited by Mir12345, 22 April 2018 - 01:48 PM.

#4 Jaycan

Jaycan

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2018 - 06:20 PM

EDITED To add the bottom links !!

I am not sure of what happened, but remember that you must be logged in as a member to access all of this information ..

When you just "visit" the site, some information is not available to you..

I checked your Logins, and it seems like you were only visiting the site to check up on your topic..

Please use the Login box as you did when you posted your question and the reply.

Sorry if there was any confusion, as I can access it on both Win 7.1 and Win 8.1 computers, once logged in.

If you still get Page Not Found, then scroll down a little bit to these topics. The bottom one is what you want..

SUGGESTED FORUM DISCUSSIONS:

SUGGESTED TUTORIALS:

Please try again ~ Thank You.

Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help

This is only if you read the topic and require the services of a trained Expert..

NOTE: There is often a build up of people requesting help, and they will be trained in your specific problem.

Regards -

Edited by Jaycan, 22 April 2018 - 06:34 PM.

Usually a home helper here or with friends and nimble fingered ladies who would rather sew or dust, but not clean the bugs out of a computer ...

#5 Mir12345

Mir12345
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2018 - 03:02 PM

thank you

#6 Jaycan

Jaycan

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2018 - 06:57 AM

Hi Mir12345

Please tell us how you go, or if you need Expert Assistance ..

Regards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users