Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

VeraCrypt - can NOT mount volume - Help Please

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 boomer3872

boomer3872

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 21 April 2018 - 01:44 PM

I can NOT mount a volume. Here is the sequence of events:

First I created a volume and used the "create an encrypted file container" option. After it was created I was then able to mount it without any problems. I mounted it to A: and I moved my files over - life was good.

Later, I decided to create another volume, but this time I used the "encrypt the system partition or entire system drive" option, and when I continue through the setup I selected the "encrypt the windows system partition" option. I continued until completed and everything seemed to be fine.

After that I went back to file explorer and saw the A: had a question mark on it and doesn't show up when I clicked on This PC. When I opened VeraCrypt it appeared that A: had been dismounted.

My initial reaction was that I caused a problem when I created the 2nd volume and encrypted the windows system partition. So I opened veracrypt and clicked on “system” up at the top and then clicked on “permanently decrypt system partition/drive” thinking this would fix it. After it finished decrypting my windows system partition, I restarted the computer.

At this point I thought all I would need to do is remount the first volume I created to get back into it. However, when I try to mount it I get an error message. I will also type out what the error messages says below:

Operation failed due to one or more of the following:
- Incorrect password.
- Incorrect Volume PIM number.
- Incorrect PRF (hash).
- Not a valid volume.
Source: MountVolume:8090

I know the password is correct, I didn’t setup a PIM, I’ve tried all the PRF hash options as well as the auto option, and it is a valid volume.

Can anyone help?

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users