Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

for some reason my mouse isn't registering the wheel for scrolling or anything?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Vynlash

Vynlash

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:55 PM

So I just built my new PC using Windows 7 pro as its os, for some reason my basic mouse (your standard optical mouse) isn't registering that it has a wheel. It works normally for clicking and movement but it will not scroll when I go into the settings it does not even register that I have a wheel on the mouse. I could really use some help to get this thing working so I can get to playing my games  

Edited by hamluis, 21 April 2018 - 05:19 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to External Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,449 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 21 April 2018 - 08:18 AM

first thing i would do is try the mouse on a different computer.....does the wheel work then?

if not, it could be the mouse itself

#3 Vynlash

Vynlash
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2018 - 11:24 PM

first thing i would do is try the mouse on a different computer.....does the wheel work then?

if not, it could be the mouse itself

I have thought of that, it does work on my other computer, i even bought a new mouse and it is having the same issues. I also had found out that i am missing a bunch of drivers but i do not know where i can find replacements for them, I am using an Msi Mobo, the disk that came with it seems to just have a bunch of msi related stuff, This is my first build so any and all information will be handy 

#4 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,087 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 22 April 2018 - 08:18 AM

Win 7 Default Drivers for the mouse should be fine regardless of Mouse Type.

I run all mine Win 7 - Win 10 on default setups from the initiall Install Media.

I would uninstall any specific drivers if you installed any ? and Remove/Delete any from Device Manager and reboot and see what happens.

#5 joseibarra

joseibarra

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 22 April 2018 - 09:36 AM

Is this moose wired USB (flat plug), PS/2 (round plug) or wireless?

How did you find out or what makes you think "that i am missing a bunch of drivers"?

Sometimes the drivers that come with the Windows installation will work for devices, sometimes not but like Havachat says usually the moose works fine.

Your motherboard may have come with a drivers CD but even those could be out of date.

With a new installation you really need to visit the motherboard manufacturers WWW site and download install the chipset drivers, and hardware device drivers like Audio, USB, Network, etc.

For MSI motherboards that would be here:

https://us.msi.com/

If you can't figure it out do this so we can see what you have and somebody can point you in the right direction:

Click Start, Run and in the box enter:

msinfo32

Click OK, and when the System Summary info appears, click Edit, Select All (Ctrl-A), Copy (Ctrl-C) and then paste (Ctrl-V) the information back here in your next reply.

For video device and driver information, expand the Components, click Display, click Edit, Select All, Copy and then paste the information back here.

For audio device and driver information, expand the Components, click Sound Device, click Edit, Select All, Copy and then paste the information back here.

For USB port information, expand the Components section, click USB, click Edit, Select All, Copy and then past he information back here.

There will be some personal information (like System Name and User Name), and whatever appears to be private information to you, just delete it from the pasted information.

If you see in Device Manager a device with a problem device with question marks of exclamation symbols you need to provide the device VENdor and DEVice ID.

Right click the afflicted device, choose Properties, then the Details tab.

In the dropdown list choose Hardware Ids, select all the text, press Ctrl-C to copy the highlighted text to the Windows clipboard

In your next reply press Ctrl-V to paste the information on the Windows clipboard in you next reply.

Example of what you would paste back for the afflicted device:

[attachment=204188:Untitled.jpg]

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates.

#6 Vynlash

Vynlash
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 April 2018 - 11:56 PM

ok so I have gone to Msi's website and found the chipset drivers for however, i am only getting an option for Windows 10 pro... i am not sure what to do at this point as for adding pictures I truthfully do not know how to do so on this site 

#7 joseibarra

joseibarra

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 23 April 2018 - 12:07 AM

It could be there are no Windows 7 drivers for your motherboard.

You have not answered one single question or posted any of the requested information.

I'll leave you with Havachat.

Edited by joseibarra, 23 April 2018 - 01:02 AM.

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users