Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I survived Conficker, I can survive this!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KrittiKat

KrittiKat

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:07 PM

Hello! This is my first time posting, but not my first time here. I come seeking knowledge in how to remove various malware. I'm working on a couple of computers in my household. One, my daughter likes to play Roblox on my computer and it now has issues. The other is my mom's ex-laptop, which I thought I was just going to delete all of the multiples of copies of photos (since she has no idea where the pics go once she plugs her camera in) and then back them up. Yet, now I see it also has issues. So! That being said, I've gathered my tools, buckled my toolbelt and I'm going in! Wish me well!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,754 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:21 PM

Welcome to BC, and best of luck !

Chris Cosgrove

#3 KrittiKat

KrittiKat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 21 April 2018 - 07:01 PM

Thanks Chris! I've actually been reading various threads for a couple of days and was prompted to introduce myself or I probably never would have.
As you may know, the conficker virus was quite a few years ago and my knowledge in this area is outdated. Now I'm in the thick of things and have some questions but not sure where to post. I had started off solo and had some success. Trojan.Kovter was found and removed along with hundreds of other pups, but there's still something going on. I decided to follow the steps listed for "How to Remove Adware on a PC". I'm running Windows 10 Home which had AVG Antivirus Free. Then, per the steps listed I installed Malwarebytes Premium Trial. I just installed Emsisoft Anti-Malware Trial (Emsisoft Real-Time Protection) and it gave me a warning regarding having more than one active antivirus/antimalware at one time. In the past, it was fine to have Malwarebytes and an antivirus program together. I believe that's still the case. However, after I uninstalled AVG it still gave me the same warning. Is it OK to run
Malwarebytes Premium Trial and Emsisoft Anti-Malware Trial (Emsisoft Real-Time Protection) at the same time?

Edited by KrittiKat, 21 April 2018 - 07:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users