Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Display keeps going black

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Sylveon Fetish

Sylveon Fetish

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 20 April 2018 - 02:45 PM

My monitor keeps going black. After I turn it on, it goes to a black / blank screen. Sometimes I have to turn the monitor on and off 20 times before the monitor will work properly. Sometimes the monitor display does not turn on at all. Sometimes it does not matter how many times I turn it off and on, it will not stay on and I have to have both the monitor and PC off for an hour or two or change to a different PC. The monitor itself turns on and it does indeed have signal from the PC, but it looks as if it has no signal or is off. the light is green on the monitor which indicating it does have signal from the PC. It would be red if it did not have signal from the PC.

This seems to be a problem with the graphics on my computer or my computer itself rather than a problem with the monitor because this problem is not present on other computers I hook up to this same monitor through a KVM switch.

This is a Viore monitor on a Dell Optiplex 780.

Edited by hamluis, 20 April 2018 - 03:10 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to External Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users