Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Date/ Clock time was wrong and BSOD issues...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AndyP5000

AndyP5000

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:51 PM

Posted 20 April 2018 - 05:55 AM

Symptoms:

1.I've had two BSOD's with a legend of 'Bad Pool Header' on reboot. 2nd BS happenned while computer
was on, but I had no appications open. Looking it up this seems memory related.

2.My clock and date were incorrect on my PC by around 3 days. 

Notes: 

*Ive never changed the CMOS battery, could this cause my time/date to fail- how do I check it it has charge?

*I did have some issues with burning to DVD the other week, had two very large files still wanting to burn
to disk in the queue that were not wanted, I've now removed these two from the burn queue. 
Coud that possibly cause memory issues? (Not had BSOD issues since i did this)

*I have reset to correct time/date  now on clock. (It is set to sync online so found that odd).
*Currently clock is still running at correct time (after reboot)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,094 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:09 AM

Desktop or laptop?  System manufacturer and model?

Louis

#3 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:12 AM

*Ive never changed the CMOS battery, could this cause my time/date to fail-

Yes...just change the battery, they are cheap. Do that first and see if that  stops problems. If not, post back.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users