Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Drive Configuration Issues

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 lhalopoff

lhalopoff

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 19 April 2018 - 02:18 PM

Mod Edit:  Split from https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/667485/updated-bios-raid-0-not-recognized/?selectedpids=4485311 .

I am a rookie when it comes to RAID but I am having a similar issue and was hoping to receive some guidance.

I could not get my computer to boot. It would turn on, fans would spins, and then it would shut off in about 15 seconds. There was no video output to the monitor and I could not get into the different boot modes. So i thought I could take the CMOS battery out and it would reset the BIOS. And it worked. I was able to boot up no problems, however I noticed that my RAID5 was no longer working. It was "missing" I am not sure how to fix this issue because I was not the one who set up the RAID.

The raid consists of four hard drives and they are all visible, just not in the right order?
Then I have an SSD for booting and one more SSD for data. ( I think, my friend helped me build the computer and he set up all the drives)

To me it seems like the hard drives that are in the RAID5 are still there just not in the right controller? Hopefully someone here can give me some advice and point me in the right direction. I was thinking about using http://www.freeraidrecovery.com/ to recover the data before doing anything drastic.

Here are some photos of whats going on. Maybe they will help?

Attached Files

Edited by hamluis, 19 April 2018 - 05:00 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users