Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Really?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 skywaves

skywaves

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 19 April 2018 - 01:52 PM

You judgemental bastards! I posted a perfectly legitimate question in my first post but somebody decided it wasn't quite right. What exactly wasn't right about it? 

I know I am wasting my time here. Ban me if you wish. I'll ask elsewhere. 

bleep yoU!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 r.a.d.

r.a.d.

• Members
  • 605 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 AM

Posted 19 April 2018 - 02:36 PM

From your earlier post:

"I am trying to create an account with an online sales platform from which I have been banned, through no fault of my own."
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/676007/what-information-do-they-see/#entry4485153

It would seem, judging by your current post, that your prior statement lacks credence. Dollars to doughnuts this post might even disappear unless kept for archival purposes illustrating why there are regulations for boards such as this.

(sorry for even responding folks, just can't abide this OP's rant against the good volunteers here)
Bleepin' desert rat retiree in climes yet to fry brains (knock on cactus).

Past climes/best friend:  photo-91.gif

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 19 April 2018 - 02:37 PM

First, you make the statement:  "I am trying to create an account with an online sales platform from which I have been banned, through no fault of my own."

You don't get banned, anywhere, "through no fault of my own."

Then, you ask, "My question is, what can they see which reveals my identity?," and, "Hiding behind a proxy connection doesn't help either," both of which clearly indicate you are attempting to use subterfuge to get around the site's legitimate decision to ban you.

This is in direct violation of the Bleeping Computer forum rule, which you agreed to when creating an account, that states:

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. 

Case Closed.   If you can find other venues willing to assist you in getting around the security measures legitimate to any forums website then that's on their heads.  We hold the Bleeping Computer community to a much higher standard.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 19 April 2018 - 02:40 PM

This thread starts out with opening sentence that directly violates the forum rule stating: 

There will be no use of profanity on our message boards.  This will not be tolerated and can lead to immediate suspension.

This topic is now locked.  No more slack will be cut, either.  

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users