Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What information do they see?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 skywaves

skywaves

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:49 AM

Hello all. 

First time post and a question.

This may seem a slightly odd question - and I hope I am posting this in the correct sub-forum. 

I am trying to create an account with an online sales platform from which I have been banned, through no fault of my own. This is all above board and I am happy to explain the detail, but it's really irrelevant right now and I doubt anybody would really be interested in hearing my story.

Whatever I do, the company always know that it is me who is applying to create the new account. I have used a different bank account, a different name, etc. But they always know it's me in an instant. 

My question is, what can they see which reveals my identity? Could it be a computer number, perhaps the serial number? Or could it be a number on the hard drive? 

Hiding behind a proxy connection doesn't help either, unless thery have blocked me on the basis that see it is a proxy. 

If I could only get back there, I could start making a living again. 

Thanks.

John.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,534 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 19 April 2018 - 09:02 AM

maybe an IP number,

try using TOR browser and see if that works,

https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 19 April 2018 - 09:27 AM

This topic, and another very similar to it, have been posted within two days of each other.

It is my opinion that both are in violation of the forum rule that states:

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures.

Any forum's banning methods and what they may use to identify a user are, by definition, security measures.   The only legitimate way to have a ban lifted is to make direct contact with a site's administrator(s) via their "Contact Us" page, or similar, explain your situation and ask if they would consider lifting the ban.

This thread is now locked.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Presenting the willfully ignorant with facts is the very definition of casting pearls before swine.

~ Brian Vogel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users