Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound Card And/or Speaker Issues

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 kchaple

kchaple

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 06 October 2006 - 11:57 AM

Hey all
I've been having this problem for a little while but until recently it wasn't too bad. Now it's at the point that I need to turn off my speakers. I have 4 speakers and a subwoofer. It's an Altec Lansing model. My speakers make random crackling noises at times. But recently it's gotten to the point where sometimes it'll be a steady crackling almost like slow static. I've tried everything I know. I'm sick of unplugging individual speakers. I just opened the computer and cleaned out the dust with a gas duster thinking maybe some dust on the sound card was causing the problem. I've noticed if I don't mute my CD sound, the crackling is constant. So right now the only things NOT muted in my sound control panel are the WAV and MIDI channels but just now I'm getting a REALLY annoying crackling in the rear left speaker. I don't think it's the speakers because for one thing, if I turn the computer off, everything is fine. For another, like I said with the CD player, certain operations make it do it more than others. Just now this rear left speaker thing didn't start until I clicked to open IE. ANY help would be MUCH appreciated because I use my computer for music and that's pretty much it. I really don't want to buy a new sound card right now because this computer isn't too old.
Thanks,
Kevin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users