Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sporadic BSODs with varying error messages

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hetayy

hetayy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 19 April 2018 - 12:33 AM

My ex bought an open box laptop on Newegg last year, it bluescreened within the first week but I figured it was a one-off issue. Over the course of the next 8 months it became progressively worse. I read through the dump files  as best I could and concluded it was either overheating or a driver issue. I replaced the hdd with a new ssd. It bluescreened right away. Figured bad luck. Didn't bluescreen again for a month. Months later, it  now bluescreens multiple times per day. Looking over the dumpfiles and they're almost all the same as before accept one new one. 

However, at this point it sounds more like maybe a bad motherboard, or maybe RAM, right? 

EDIT:

Adding SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip and a text version of the Speccy info. 

Attached Files

Edited by hetayy, 19 April 2018 - 01:31 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hetayy

hetayy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:03 PM

Not that anyone is keeping track, but I've stress tested the GPU because I thought based off some of the BSOD errors it might overheating. It most definitely was not. I killed the test at 85 degrees Celsius and it did not crash. The motherboard got to 92 degrees Celsius during the process. At this point it definitely is either the RAM or the motherboard. I'm unable to test the RAM as I'm in a different city. If anyone has thoughts or ideas, please, let me know. I'd love to be wrong on this and find out there's possibly something consistent between Win10 installs that I missed and this turns out to be something stupid simple. 

#3 gmrush04

gmrush04

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 AM

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:36 PM

Had similar issues a few weeks ago. My BSoD's were all RAM related. Bought 2 new sticks and haven't had a single stability issue since. Consider testing the sticks individually when you have the chance.

Edited by gmrush04, 24 April 2018 - 07:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users