Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Importance of MSVC 2012 Update 4?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 SergeTroy

SergeTroy

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 19 April 2018 - 12:22 AM

A little while ago there was an update to my Logitech Gaming Software (LGS) which led to me getting a pair of errors on the restart and every start up following.  I only seem to have screen captured one, which reads: "LCore_MessageHandler_(long string of characters that looks like a registry key maybe); The program can't start because MSVCR110.dll is missing from your computer.  Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Alrighty.  I do a quick search online and see this all relates very specifically to Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4.  Now, I do have other parts / components of MSVC installed, but I am interestingly missing this one set (the 64 and 32 bit versions) as well as for 2008 (and 2017, though I'm less worried about that within the confines of Win7).  2005, 2010, 2013, and 2015 are all set, installed, and gtg.  Now, I've been using this pc and setup since back around February / March 2017 after I briefly played with Win10 before running back to Win7.  I have had no issues, and no complaints, everything has otherwise been running like a dream for what I need the system to do.  I was also able to downgrade back to the prior version of LGS, so I am no longer getting the messages about the missing DLL, etc. 

My question becomes: Is this a worthwhile download to be installed?  Do any added issues or complexities attached to this update outweigh it's merits?  Generally, should be I be expecting to run into programs or software that need it, even as the clock runs down on Win7? 

If the overall recommendation is to download and install MSVC 2012 Update 4, is it as simple as downloading and installing into my current system as is, or do I need to possibly first uninstall or disable certain updates / programs prior to doing so?  Basically, are there some precautionary steps I should take for better insuring a proper install? 

Covering my bases here by polling some of the expert advice I hear the community can offer, thanks very much in advance to all those that can throw me a bone and some suggestions or outright solutions.  :)

Full  System Specs

• OS:     Windows        7      Home     P re mium    64-bit  
  • CPU:  i5-3570K  @ 3.40GHz (3.8 Turb o))
  • CPU    Fan : C OOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Continuous Direct Contact 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler Compatible with latest Intel 2011/1366/1155 and AMD FM1/FM2/AM3+
  • MOBO : ASUS Maximus V EXTREME Extended ATX Intel Motherboard
  • RAM : Corsair Dominator Platinum Series — 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 DRAM 1600MHz C9 Memory Kit [CMD16GX3M2A1600C9]
  • PSU : COOLER MASTER RS-A50-SPHA-D3 Silent Pro Hybrid 1050W Intel ATX 12V V2.3 & SSI EPS 12V V2.92
  • GPU   / Video Ca rd: MSI GeForce  GTX 1070 DirectX 12 GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support ATX Video Card w/ most current driver
  • Primary Drive (Local Disk (C:)) - SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
  • Secondary Drive (Games (E)) - SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 500GB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal SSD
  • Tertiary Storage in two Volumes (F & G): Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal HDD

Peripheral Stuff - (Case, Display, Keyboard & Mouse)
♦  Case: COOLER MASTER COSMOS II RC-1200-KKN1 Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case
♦  Monitor: Dell UltraSharp U2410 24-inch Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor with PremierColor
♦  Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB Tunable Gaming Mouse
♦  Keyboard: Corsiar K95 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard w/ Cherry MX RGB Red switches

Edited by SergeTroy, 19 April 2018 - 12:25 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users